|*** www.gravytris.de - Tetromino Stacking Game ***|
Disclaimer:This personal fan website does not associate, affiliate, or receive sponsorship from any company or organization. Any of the trademarks, service marks, collective marks, design rights, personality rights or similar rights this website mentions, uses or cites in its pages belong to their respective owners. This website neither receives endorsement nor affiliates with any of the holders of any such rights. This website uses all images, unless otherwise specified, as complement, without the explicit permission of the copyright holder by means of fair use.
NEW! GRAVYTRIS 2007
Just Try it! No Installation, no unzipping required! Just download and run Gravytris.exe directly.
older computer? try the 2005 version of Gravytris: gravytris2005.exe
its missing many of the new features, but should run on a classic pentium, even without 3d card.
|->About Gravytris - whats that?|
Gravytris is a unique combination of Tetris and Columns with realistic gravity effects.
The simple principle of tile stacking in tetris to delete full rows is
combined with the fast paced color matching in Columns.
In Gravytris you may delete lines or colors in the same game.
Another unique feature is the realistic calculation of gravity.
All blocks fall until they reach the bottom or a supporting stone. If you play other tetris games,
you will sometimes notice free blocks "hanging in the sky", if a deleted line splits a tile.
This no longer happens in Gravytris and makes the gameplay more surprising.
- Chain Reactions! gravity: build large cascades of collapsing structures.
- Gravity Gun! pull and push pieces around.
- Physical pieces! pieces in the matrix are not fixed, but movable either by pushing with play-piece or dragging with mouse.
- 2.5D Rotation System Pieces can now be rotated around each spatial axis. (z-axis as usual: 90°; new: x-, y-axis: 180°)
- Colors! delete not only lines, but Colors as well.
- Online Highscores! extensive online highscore list with advanced informations (combos,start level etc)
- FUSE, GROW, EXTREME, PUZZLE besides classic tetris, lots of inventive gameplay variations.
- High Speed! optimized for speed gameplay with help by http://www.tetrisconcept.com hardcore gamers.
- OpenGL, OpenAL fully hardware accelerated using open standards.
lately i found this great explanation about tetris and gravity on wikipedia:
|->News and Changelog:|
News and Changelog:
- 27.01.2007: official release of gravytris 0.7
- 05.12.2005: new official domain: www.gravytris.de
- 28.09.2004: beta 0.61 released!
- 05.06.2004: beta 0.6 released!
- 13.05.2004: linux port gravytris_light, ELF, 612 kbyte
just for fun, here is the initial version of gravytris:
Version 0.1, 20.05.2002
this version was written in 5 days and is missing many features rumoring in my mind. but nevertheless it's already playable, though it has no highscore counting yet.